river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: River release naming, version, etc.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:01:16 GMT
John McClain - Sun Microsystems, Inc. wrote:
> Mark Brouwer wrote:
>>> Finally, around version -- some have expressed a desire to follow
>>> the version numbering of the starter kit (to align with those releases
>>> and communicate that this isn't a 0.1 release or the like).  Thus, the
>>> last Starter Kit release was "v2.1" so this could be (v.2.1.1, v2.2, or
>>> v.3.0).  I don't really have a personal preference on this one at all,
>>> and am very interested in what your opinion is here.
>>
>> v2.1.1

[snip]

> I assume at some point before we exit incubation the need to move from
> the com.sun.jini package name space will make us want to bump the
> version number to at least 2.2, if not 3.0.

So this really matters at the point where we remove the com.sun.jini
packages entirely (we were talking about a "temporary" compatibility
type thing as a possibility).

Regardless when the removal happens if we haven't bumped the release
number substantially by then I too would have thought we should bump it
at that point.