river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: v0.2 Draft Proposal - River basic dev process
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:50:38 GMT
Bob Scheifler wrote:
> Jim Hurley wrote:
>>      Discussion on issues should occur via the Comments facility
>>      in JIRA.  This copies the river-dev list for the entire River dev
>>      community to see. River-dev email thread discussions on an
>>      issue are not prohibited (but not preferred), and if they occur
>>      than a summary must be posted back on the JIRA issue.
>
> Using JIRA for discussions seems like a PITA, and summarizing back
> to JIRA seems unlikely to me to be worthwhile.
 >                                                        But since I'm
> resigned to +0 on CTR, I might as well trust that mentors know better
> here as well.

I believe when this is brought up for a vote we are dealing with a
majority vote as we are dealing with procedures, code modifications are
subject to consensus. Your use of "resigned" and "I might as well trust
that mentors know better here as well" indicates to me you are actually
more in favor of RTC and such I have a hard time placing the +0, I would
have expected at least a -0.

Maybe I'm nitpicking and/or completely have a wrong interpretation of
what you stated but I think it is essential people express their opinion
(in words and/or voting) without too much calculation up front, after
all we are not doing politics here :-)
--
Mark