river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: v0.2 Draft Proposal - River basic dev process
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:31:29 GMT
Jim Hurley wrote:
> Thanks Bob.
>
> Seems like most prefer the style of email discussion (over holding
> a discussion through JIRA Comments), and the ability to look at a
> thread of discussion (in an archive).  We also want to make sure
> there's information from the discussion available to those looking
> at a JIRA issue.
>
> To satisfy those, I'm wondering...
> If we hold issue discussion on river-dev, perhaps, instead of
> summarizing back in the issue, we just put a link to the beginning
> of the email thread from river-dev (assuming people don't change
> the subject line)?  That way anyone looking at the JIRA issue who
> wanted to peruse the thread of discussion on it, could easily do so.
>
> Does that work for most?

For me it does.

I also think I used the word summary where I should have used
conclusion. What I mean is that after a discussion some conclusion
around an issue is formed that just writing the synopsis and pointing to
the thread is most times not enough. I hope people entering the issue
to write what has been decided as part of the issue as well, where of
course that makes sense.
--
Mark