river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: a potential "AR1" release
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:37:01 GMT
John Sarman wrote:
> I know that most would like to see River have a release, but has anybody
> discussed making the minimum required JRE 1.5.
> Jini alway craved the need for templates and Generics and the move to River
> would allow for just that.

That's been discussed over on Jini-Users a few times don't think there's
an agreed view (be worth checking through the archives).  I also think
this is probably to big of an issue to be considering for AR1 (which to
a reasonable degree is about us committers figuring out how to drive).

Might also be worth organizing some kind of canvas to find out what JDK
is in production around commercial Jini-user land.......

> Just Curious about this,

Curiosity is good (on the flip side, it's been known to kill the odd cat :)

Cheers,

Dan.