river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Transaction Manager changes
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:19:53 GMT
Hi Calum-

Hope things are well in your world!   :-)

As you know, we've (Jini Community) had many a conversation
about work in the transaction manager implementation (mahalo)
area in the past.  Allowing XA transactions was certainly part of
the options discussed.

As for roadmap, or directions we'd like to go in the future...  I was
hoping we'd hold off on that conversation for a little bit in order to
allow us to focus on agreeing to some basic project process things
and getting a release out the door.  I think that experience (of both
working together as well successfully completing some things) will
help us in that futures conversation.  I made mention of that in this
email:
> Begin forwarded message:
>> From: Jim Hurley <Jim.Hurley@Sun.COM>
>> Date: August 22, 2007 12:30:11 AM EDT
>> To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: shifting up a gear...
>> :
>> :
>> :
>> Following that we have a more difficult and significant discussion to
>> have on the future focus and efforts of the River project (more
>> 'infrastructure
>> work? work on services? other?).  If you'll bear with me,
>> though... I'd like
>> to wait on diving into that until we get some success and things
>> going
>> in the River project.

We'll get there -- hopefully sooner v. later.  And those will surely
be some
*interesting* discussions.

cheers -Jim