river-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: development process
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 05:26:45 GMT
What a verbose community we have when it comes to process :-)  Here
are my votes, without explanation, for the core river code (what's in
subversion now).

+1 for RTC manifested as a "+1 code review" comment on the Jira issue

+1 for every commit coming from a patch attached to a Jira issue

-1 for every patch needing a vote (but a committer is free to
explicitly call for a vote if the discussion on the issue appears
controversial without conclusion)

-1 for gatekeepers of subcomponents (but committers are urged to only
commit in areas where they understand the codebase)

+1 for starting with a simple process and revisiting when necessary