river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject shifting up a gear...
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 04:30:11 GMT
We've had a few discussions on potential project plans,
including:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-river-dev/
200705.mbox/%3cA3DD15A1-869B-419E-B353-08B029ABB21C@sun.com%3e>
I'd like to get us back to it and get agreement on a short
term plan to get us accomplishing things and gaining
momentum as a project. Let's shift it up a gear (or two ;-)).

As I've said in the past, I think working to get out a first release
from the project soon would help the Community (by having a
release available from the project), as well as help us understand
what it takes to get out a release.  It would be great if we could shoot
for a late September timeframe for a release.  I also think we need
to get our project (web) pages updated with some content (so the
place looks like the lights are on).

Once we have a good handle on this first release, I think we should
then focus on another short term release (say, November/December
timeframe),
and start discussing what that release should look like (for example,
which issues to commit to it).

Following that we have a more difficult and significant discussion to
have on the future focus and efforts of the River project (more
'infrastructure
work? work on services? other?).  If you'll bear with me, though...
I'd like
to wait on diving into that until we get some success and things going
in the River project.

I'll follow up immediately with another email detailing some things
around a first release.

I'm not trying to force this plan through -- so if someone else would
lead us through discussing an alternative plan -- please do.

thanks -Jim