river-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Barnaby <Frank.Barn...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: a potential "AR1" release
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:43:07 GMT

I've done a test build with the serviceui sources moved into the jtsk
source tree (namespaces unchanged) and have found no obvious problems.

This does raise the question of whether we need to add a jar'ing target
for serviceui.

One other question comes to mind...  How should we handle the logstore
portion of the outrigger build?  Should we leave it as is, disable it
in the build, or remove the sources completely?  If we leave it as is,
we would need to consider including the prebuilt-outrigger-logstore.jar
in the source distribution, as Phil suggested, to allow builds without
the need for a Jini installation.  Disabling the logstore jar'ing
target, on the other hand, removes the dependency on the Jini binary
installation but leaves the logstore sources in a unaltered state.
In all cases, logstore cannot be used without pro.zip (the PSEpro
runtime library), but persistence is still attainable through the use
of the snaplogstore implementation.

Frank