river-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Apache hardware (Was: How to start from here?)
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 06:12:36 GMT

On Mar 31, 2007, at 5:01 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 1/6/07, Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com> wrote:
>> Geir, what hardware to we have available from Apache on which to run
>> builds and tests?  How do other teams handle testing resources?
>
> The ASF has a Sun Fire V40z server that many projects use for nightly
> builds, continuous integration tests, and other automated processes.
> The server is partitioned into a number of Solaris zones, one for each
> project. See http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html for more
> details.
>
> The zones server is definitely not up to running extensive test suites
> like the 300k tests/100 machines/2 weeks example you mentioned, but it
> should be quite enough for running at least standard nightly builds
> and unit tests for River.

Jukka, it wasn't clear to me whether or not an incubator project can
get it's own zone, or whether we share one amongst all incubator
projects.  Is it possible to get our own so I can setup nightly
builds?  I tried to read the doc at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
infrastructure/trunk/docs/helios/zones.txt (as suggested on the link
you gave me) but I didn't have svn access to that document.

Thanks,
Nige