river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Process for moving Sun Jini issues -> River JIRA
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:53:40 GMT
Hi all-

I've done the first phase of organizing the Sun Jini issues
so we can import them into our Apache River JIRA.

Here's an initial "cheatsheet" to help the committers
move the bugs over.

I'll be following up with a separate email with the
specific bug assignments.

Any questions - please let me know.

Thanks for your help -Jim

  Migrating Sun Jini issues into River JIRA - Cheatsheet

** In one window, bring up:
      <http://bugs.sun.com/>
    and in the "Keywords/Bug ID:" field, enter
    the bug number.  This will take you to a
    page where you can click on the link to give
    you a full bug detail report.

** In the other window, go to:
    <http://issues.apace.org/jira/browse/RIVER>
    and "Log In" via the upper right hand corner.

    Once you've logged in, click on "CREATE NEW
    ISSUE" in the top menu bar.

** Entering bug information:
     - Use your best judgement on "Issue Type" (drop
       down menu).
     - Use the Sun bug "Synopsis" in the "Summary" field
       in JIRA
     - Most of the issues being entered will be "Minor" or
       "Trivial" in Priority
     - Use Sun bug "Category" for "Component" field in JIRA
     - Use Sun bug "Reported Against" for "Affects Version/s"
       field in JIRA
     - Fix Version/s should be "Unknown"
     - Assignee should initially be "Unassigned"
     - Most of these bugs don't have Environment factors, but
       a few do.
     - at the top of the description, please add:
        Bugtraq ID [xxxxxxx|http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/
view_bug.do?bug_id=xxxxxxx]
       to the top, where "xxxxxxx" is the Sun bug id number
       copy the description over into JIRA
    - fill in the BugTraq ID number in that field as well.

Hit Submit!