river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: getting current buglist into JIRA
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:25:11 GMT
Jim Hurley wrote:

> I'm not sure what the proper procedure is here (so
> please advise).  If someone objects, please speak
> up.  Otherwise, I'm not sure if we need to call for a
> vote, or just proceed if there's no objections?

I'm in favor of proceeding until someone objects. Based on a quick look
of the committer permissions for JIRA it seems you will be able to add
the components yourself. You will also need all or at least some
historical versions in JIRA to assign the version the issue was reported
against.

When adding bugs I think there is value in having a reference to the
Bugtraq ID. I can add a custom field just for the River project, or we
can decide to add a link to each issue we enter as in time hopefully the
Bugtraq id will loose its value.

Bugtraq ID
[xxxxx|http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6430026]

Which will create the text 'Bugtraq ID xxxxx' where xxxxx is a link to
the Sun bug database.
--
Mark