river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Mahalo and Txn Spec question
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:46:25 GMT
I'm implementing durable transaction participation as part of Seven and
due to my reading of the spec I have a question related to TX.2.3
"Joining a Transaction". It states in the 4th paragraph "When a manager
receives a join request, it checks to see if the participant has already
joined the transaction. If it has, and the crash count is the same as
the one specified in the original join, the join is accepted but is
otherwise ignored. If the crash count is different, the manager throws
CrashCountException and forces the transaction to abort."

However when I look into the code of Mahalo I can see when rejoining a
transaction with a different crash count that CrashCountException is
thrown, but I can't see where Mahalo forces the transaction to abort,
which based on my interpretation of the spec seems to be required. Is my
interpretation wrong or is there a bug in Mahalo (or the code I seem to
miss).

Also I assume that when a transaction manager service drives the
transaction to abort a transaction manager should skip the transaction
participant for which the rejoin failed due to the crash count exception?
--
Mark