river-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License headers and jars in svn
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:03:33 GMT
On 6/18/07, Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheifler@sun.com> wrote:
> Frank Barnaby wrote:
> > At first glance, I didn't see any build scripts for these jar files,
> > but I'll investigate further.
>
> I'm pretty sure they were all constructed by hand.

As long as their contents are appropriately licensed (which is true if
they come from sources in the contribution), there is no legal reason
we can't commit these jars to svn; but if they can be generated by
build scripts without terrible build performance pain, it would be
better, IMHO, to remove them from svn once that is set up.

Similar to the package naming issue though, I think preserving a build
that works is more important in the near term than tidiness, so I have
no problem committing the jars for now.

Phil