river-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Board report time
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:43:51 GMT
Gentlemen,

as per http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule, our board
report is due in three days from now. I'll give it a preliminary shot
with my very own recap of what we've been up this far:

The River community is starting some real work. The initial code
submission was filed at the ASF secretary, voted in and landed in SVN,
the discussion is now moving to technical issues and code evolution,
which is a very good sign. There has been a discussion about package
naming, as the code in SVN is under a non org.apache.* namespace:
given the sheer amount of issues with backward compatibility and
supporting existing users, there has been a general consensus on
getting our feet wet with the current code base, integrate a few
patches that have been held off while the code was to be migrated to
the ASF infrastructure, and devise a roadmap for migration to the ASF
namespace: this is high priority and will most likely be a blocker to
any incubating releases. No new committers were added since last
report.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino