river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept the Starter Kit Contribution from Sun Microsystems
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 17:19:01 GMT
Hi,

On 5/31/07, Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@apache.org> wrote:
> Before formally stating my +1 (I have no objections), and with a lot
> of excuses from my part given I probably missed that bit, I see that
> no contribution is under an org.apache namespace. Is this the way it
> was agreed to proceed?

There was some discussion earlier on how to handle the package
namespaces with most of the specifications in net.jini, but some of
the essential parts also in com.sun.jini. I think (didn't pay too much
attention at the time, so I might be wrong) the rough consensus was to
keep net.jini as the spec namespace and to migrate from com.sun.jini
to org.apache.river by time as the potential backwards compatibility
issues are sorted out. I think it makes sense to bring the code in
as-is and sort out the migration to org.apache before the first
release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting