river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 10:06:19 GMT
Hi,

On 5/30/07, Jim Hurley <Jim.Hurley@sun.com> wrote:
> So we can move ahead, I'm going to assume that the NOTICE file
> contains the copyright, and a COPYRIGHT file is not needed or
> desired (but please correct me if that's wrong).

Correct. The Apache License explicitly mentions the NOTICE file and
requires that it is preserved when redistributing the sources, so
that's the official place for any copyright notices. There's no rule
not to have a COPYRIGHT file in addition, but having duplicate
information will likely cause confusion. I think we should remove the
COPYRIGHT file from serviceui before a release.

> To try to get it right coming in -- we're fixing the headers (removing
> copyright and folding at 80 chars), moving the LICENSE and
> NOTICE files to the root of the tree, and correcting the NOTICE
> file we had in there.
>
> We hope to have a fixed bundle uploaded sometime tonight.

Excellent, thanks!

BR,

Jukka Zitting