river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 11:23:23 GMT
Hi,

On 5/25/07, Jim Hurley <Jim.Hurley@sun.com> wrote:
> We are going to get the starter kit contribution bundle attached today.

Saw it on RIVER-28. Thanks for all the background work on this, I'm
really excited to see the code coming in!

> Assuming folks have a chance to check it out over the next few days,
> I'd like to start an acceptance vote on it early next week.

I'm flying back to Finland from New York this weekend so I don't have
much time to look at it in more detail, but based on a quick overview
the import looks great.

Some comments:

* The "Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc." text should not be
included in the license headers. The copyright is of course still
Sun's, but the policy is to put all such copyright notices in the
NOTICE file. The standard license header is copyright-agnostic on
purpose to allow equal contributions from multiple different copyright
holders. See http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers for
more details. You can just note on the issue that it is OK to move the
copyright notices to the NOTICE file once the code is in svn if it's
difficult to produce a modified version of the source zip.

* The LICENSE and NOTICE files should be included at the root of the
source tree. A README would also be nice. We can add those once the
code is in svn.

As a personal preference it would be nice if the license header was
folded at 80 characters (see below), but it's probably not worth the
effort to change that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

/*
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
 * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.