river-dev mailing list archives

From "John McClain - Sun Microsystems, Inc." <John.McCl...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept the Starter Kit Contribution from Sun Microsystems
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 20:01:52 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/31/07, Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@apache.org> wrote:
>> Before formally stating my +1 (I have no objections), and with a lot
>> of excuses from my part given I probably missed that bit, I see that
>> no contribution is under an org.apache namespace. Is this the way it
>> was agreed to proceed?
>
> There was some discussion earlier on how to handle the package
> namespaces with most of the specifications in net.jini, but some of
> the essential parts also in com.sun.jini. I think (didn't pay too much
> attention at the time, so I might be wrong) the rough consensus was to
> keep net.jini as the spec namespace and to migrate from com.sun.jini
> to org.apache.river by time as the potential backwards compatibility
> issues are sorted out. I think it makes sense to bring the code in
> as-is and sort out the migration to org.apache before the first
> release.

This is my memory also

--
John McClain					john.mcclain@sun.com
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

And it is that way today. We are tricked by hope into starting
companies, beginning books, immigrating to this country and investing
in telecom networks. The challenges turn out to be tougher than we
imagined. Our excessive optimism is exposed. New skills are demanded.
But nothing important was ever begun in a prudential frame of mind.

         - David Brooks