river-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher G. Stach II" <...@ldsys.net>
Subject Re: JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 19:10:04 GMT
Frank Barnaby wrote:
> While we're on the subject, I have a question regarding the SVN repository
> structure.  Once we're ready to upload to SVN, we're going to need a plan
> for the repository layout or does such a plan already exist?  If not, I'd
> imagine the JTSK repository would basically look like the following:

Moving things around in Subversion doesn't have the annoying side
effects that CVS does (loss of change history), so this hopefully
wouldn't hold things back at all.  The build process and repo will grow
as necessary, but people would/should probably lean toward SDL.

> Alternatively, the serviceui repository could be changed to be
> consistent with
> the jtsk repository...  At first glance, this approach seems like it
> would be
> more straight forward.

Neither is that great, but having things under a single src directory is
better out of the two.

--
Christopher G. Stach II