river-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheif...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JavaSpace.notify() "not reliable"
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 19:26:22 GMT
> Done. Now, when I experience a notification being dropped, a
> NoSuchObjectException is indeed being logged:

So first, I had things bass ackwards, you really wanted to turn
on client remote call logging in outrigger, not server remote call
logging.  And the logging change previously discussed should not
have altered seeing the logging record you provided, as it's using
an outrigger logger, not an RMI one.  Are you sure something else
hasn't changed?

> Obviously, my JavaSpace client is becoming "permanently unavailable
> (NoSuchObjectException)" and "further events will not be delivered to
> it." Is anyone able to speculate, how my humble client may cause this
> behavior?

If your client isn't holding a strong reference to the listener impl,
it can get GC'd.

But this exception doesn't correlate with your description of
occasionally dropped events.  Or is your client re-registering
for events, and you didn't explain that before?  Or are you
perhaps seeing a new different problem than before?

- Bob