river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Source contributions - clarification
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 00:44:40 GMT
Jim Hurley wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> Just need clarification before creating the JIRA issues for
> our contributions:
>
> 1)  it seems worthwhile to separate out the starter kit code
>      contrib from the qa tests contrib.  Does that make sense
>      (to create two separate issues for them)?  I don't much care,
>      so if it's easier just to do them in one issue, I'm happy to
>      follow that advice.  Just looking for input.

I'm fine with one attachment as to me it seems there is no requirement
of a one-on-one mapping between the layout of the attachment and the
initial check-in of SVN.

> 2)  It seems (looking at the Service UI contrib) that we need to
>       bundle all of the source up and attach to the issue.  After it
>       gets voted on and accepted into the project one of the mentors
>       will take that bundle and populate the svn tree.  Did I get that
>       right?

I should be done by one of the committers who should have write access
so no need to wait for the mentors to do that. Before committing I think
it is good to have a discussion about the layout of SVN, but don't let
that hinder in starting the vote for accepting the contribution.
--
Mark