river-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Landis" <sean.lan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Short term plan forward... (proposal)
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 20:54:09 GMT
Mark had asked me to start a new thread, but since you asked, Bob...

Yes, essentially generifying would be it. We should not to have to
cast Object instances these days. There appear to be some places where
direct generifying might not work w/o significant change, but I
haven't done a full analysis.

There's an adoption aspect to this, at least where I work. The local
culture is zealous about type safety and generally looks down upon
open source that hasn't yet moved to 1.5.

I confess that I am a bit taken aback now by open source software that
hasn't taken advantage of 1.5 features. I can't know for sure, but I
suspect it is one more barrier for some people.

Sean