river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Committing ServiceUI
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:39:29 GMT
Bob Scheifler wrote:

>> Not totally clear from your response is though whether you think we
>> should enforce one policy and what it should be.
>
> I personally see little value in systematically redoing the style
> of the initial code contributions.  Having an agreed upon style
> is good, but I can't comment on "enforce", not knowing what is meant.

I hope it was clear from my posting that I was only referring to the
indentation aspect of all style aspects there are out there. I think it
is not very hard to change all leading tabs to 8 spaces, it is a rather
trivial operation, especially compared to another large operation we
face in the future (i.e. changing some of the namespaces).

"Enforce" meant what is supposed to mean "to carry out effectively", so
that would mean in a friendly, cooperating community as ours that if we
notice people use tabs where they should use spaces we gently tell them
to stop doing that.
--
Mark