river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Committing ServiceUI
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:51:33 GMT
Bob Scheifler wrote:
>> 1) Are we going to put the ServiceUI code in the same branch as the JTSK
>>    code, effectively merging the JTSK project and the ServiceUI project.
>

> Fine with me.
>
>> 2) If we are going to merge we should have a uniform way of dealing with
>>    indentation otherwise it will get messy.
>

> You won't find 100% consistent style within the JTSK code.
>
> We should get the initial code in as-is without any changes first.

I started the discussion about reformatting code, so let me add another thought.
  I'm interested in being able to leave my editor configuration in my IDE alone
and be able to make changes and get reasonable diffs against the river project.

If we are going to change to some standard, perhaps it would be best to find an
indentations engine which uses a configuration file, and then use that to change
the indenttation appropriately.  Then, post that configuration file on the river
SVN or somewhere accessible so that others can run it against their sources and
hopefully end up with a common base from a diffs perspective.

Just a thought...

Gregg Wonderly