river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Jones <peter.jo...@sun.com>
Subject Re: committers are all listed
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:41:46 GMT
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 08:01:20AM +0300, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Please check that your information is correct. I matched the list of
> initial committers in the River proposal against the information on
> received ICLAs to the best of my ability, but I'm only human so errors
> may have crept in.
>
> The account request template also asks for a preferred userid. This
> will be your svn and unix user account and the user part of your
> user@apache.org email address. You can select a preferred userid, but
> please check for collisions against the current accounts at
> http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html. You should also give an
> acceptable alternative in case there's a last-minute collision against
> some concurrent account request.
>
> NOTE: There is already a committer account for another Peter Jones
> (userid peterjones). He's a committer for the Apache CXF project. I
> assume this is a separate person.

Correct, that's not me.

> Preferred userid:         ?
> Full name:                Peter Jones
> Forwarding email address: peter.jones@sun.com
>
> Requested UNIX groups:
>
> Vote:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200612.mbox/%3cBD0C8D42-60D9-4242-AD33-2692F869667E@pobox.com%3e

Preferred userid:	peter.jones
Alternate userid:	peter_jones

I am assuming that "." is an allowed character because there is
already (exactly) one userid on the above-referenced committers page
with a "." (grant.monroe).  There are a few more with underscores, so
I gather if "." is not OK, then "_" is OK as an alternative.

My preference is "peter.jones" just because I already (for better or
for worse) created my JIRA account at issues.apache.org with that user
name (after having discovered the existing account for "peterjones").

Thanks,

-- Peter