river-dev mailing list archives

From "Rawlings, Bill A" <bill.a.rawli...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: draft "River logo"
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:12:12 GMT
My email filter "filtered" it.  Can you attach it as a .jpeg?

BAR

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim.Hurley@Sun.COM [mailto:Jim.Hurley@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:10 PM
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: draft "River logo"

Hi all-

It's certainly not the most urgent thing on our project
'plate'.... but what the heck (sometimes a logo/image
can help form an identity and start to bind an effort
and spur it forward).  I informally worked with a graphics
person at Sun to come up with the attached draft
Apache River project logo.

In thinking about a potential logo, I imagined it would be
interesting to borrow elements from our past Jini logo,
to visually show the connection from whence we came,
and then include elements connecting to 'river' and which
portray activity and dynamism. I also wanted something simple.
To that end:
  - the colors and font are consistent with the Jini logo, as
    well as (obviously) the swirl/steam on top
  - the curve underneath could signify a flowing river.  It could
    also be interpreted as somewhat of a reflection of the top
    swirl into a river.

Interested to hear what you think, or if others have alternative
thoughts or drawings.

-Jim