river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: committers are all listed
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:30:07 GMT
On Mar 29, 2007, at 4:20 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,

>> Any idea who is supposed to answer this?
>>
>> If I was forced to do so I think we have 2 blockers: the first one is
>> that Sun doesn't show a clear sign of putting the code and issues
>> at the
>> gate (of which I have no doubt they will do eventually) and second I
>> feel that we don't get the level of mentoring that this group of
>> people
>> apparently requires and that no action is taken on things that
>> require
>> action.
>
> I'd be happy to lend a hand. What we need is the source code submitted
> as a packaged attachment in a Jira issue and a software grant that
> covers the submitted code. This is a task for Sun and for any other
> parties from whom code will be imported. I can help with the details
> if needed.
>
> This shouldn't be blocked by administrational issues in setting up the
> committership and the PPMC.

Hi Jukka-

I appreciate you getting involved and helping out. Thanks.

I'm unclear on your last statement.  Doesn't the PPMC make the final
decision on things such as accepting code contributions?  Don't we,
therefore, need the PPMC setup to accomplishment accepting
the code?

We've been living under the assumption that the initial committers
and PPMC need to be setup as Step #1 so we could proceed then
proceed with accepting the code (and then, obviously, working on
the code).

All of the initial committers from the Proposal have submitted ICLAs...
so can't we just get them administratively setup as committers and
on the PPMC and really be ready to move forward?

-Jim