river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: committers are all listed
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:20:24 GMT
Hi,

On 3/29/07, Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer@cheiron.org> wrote:
> Jim Hurley wrote:
> >>  * jukka: It's taking some time for the initial codebases to be
> >> submitted.
> >> Any blockers in the process?
>
> Any idea who is supposed to answer this?
>
> If I was forced to do so I think we have 2 blockers: the first one is
> that Sun doesn't show a clear sign of putting the code and issues at the
> gate (of which I have no doubt they will do eventually) and second I
> feel that we don't get the level of mentoring that this group of people
> apparently requires and that no action is taken on things that require
> action.

I'd be happy to lend a hand. What we need is the source code submitted
as a packaged attachment in a Jira issue and a software grant that
covers the submitted code. This is a task for Sun and for any other
parties from whom code will be imported. I can help with the details
if needed.

This shouldn't be blocked by administrational issues in setting up the
committership and the PPMC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting