river-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheif...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Integrity.NO constraint results in selection of X500Provider instances
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:08:13 GMT
Mark Brouwer wrote:
>  From com.sun.jini.logging.Levels.FAILED:
>
> "FAILED is a message level indicating that a facility has experienced a
> failure that it will reflect to its caller.
>
> FAILED messages are intended to provide users with information about
> failures produced by internal components in order to assist with
> debugging problems in systems with multiple components. This level is
> initialized to 600."

 From the logging principles document we used during Davis:

   FAILED  - serious, unexpected "problems" encountered by a component that
             the user/deployer/administrator needs to know about, which the
             component propagates to its caller, and which may ultimately be
             logged by some other component at a higher level (such as INFO).

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0406&L=jini-users&P=R6550&I=-3

- Bob