river-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheif...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Order in which unicast discovery providers are consulted
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:26:42 GMT
> That order seems to be determined mainly by
> the way the service providers at the client side are found through
> com.sun.jini.resource.Service, which boils down to the semantics for a
> TreeSet.
>
> My question is whether there is a strong rationale behind the TreeSet,

com.sun.jini.resource.Service is essentially a clone of sun.misc.Service
from the JDK, and we retained its implementation search order, apparently
not recognizing that it doesn't match what we have spec'd in various
places as an ordered list to be maintained.  As of JDK 6, a public version
of this facility has been exposed as java.util.ServiceLoader, which does
preserve order.  Another bug to be fixed.

- Bob