river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Waldo <Jim.Wa...@sun.com>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:37:56 GMT
Well, sure, but there is also a lot of stuff that can be dealt with
by using the right set of tools, or filters, or what have you.

There are well-documented standards for coding conventions in Java
programs. I have forgotten what most of them are, but my editor
settings (both Netbeans and Emacs) have not. Looking at the document

	http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html

says that indentation should be four spaces and tabs should be 8.
Even if I disagreed with this, I don't see this as being an issue
that is so important that we should go against the established
convention.

So before this discussion gets too far out of hand, I would suggest
that we all look at the current coding conventions with the idea that
those are the ones that we will use unless the entire community
decides differently.

Jim Waldo