river-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JIRA committers
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 05:47:02 GMT
Hi Mark,

Many of these questions are answered in the Incubator Guide pages. In
particular, please see http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
and http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
Roles_and_Responsibilities.html.

On Feb 28, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Mark Brouwer wrote:

> 1) do the mentors Phil Steitz and Gianugo Rabellino also need the
>    committer project role?

Mentors are given svn commit privileges in order to fulfill their
mentor role. There's no reason why they would not be given JIRA
committer privileges as well.

> 2) are the initial committers and mentors PMC members and should they
>    get the PMC role?

Yes, the initial committers and mentors are PPMC members. I have not
seen any special privilege in JIRA for the PMC project role. So I
don't think it really matters whether they are assigned that role or
not.

It does matter when the mail lists are set up. The PPMC members
should all be subscribed to river-private@incubator.apache.org.

Craig
> --
> Mark