river-dev mailing list archives

From "Calum Shaw-Mackay" <calum.shawmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drowning in the River
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:38:02 GMT
+1
All the way through. As evidence of this, please check the front page

It hasn't been changed or updated since the project has been accepted.

At the moment any new blood that might be coming to the site, don't
get that warm welcoming feeling to the project. I wholeheartedly agree
with Dan here, it's not just the focusing on the detail, it's the
bickering over the detail.... I believe we have much bigger things to
think about than indentation, like what are we going to do, at a high
level, to the user experience of the project and it's deliverables. I
would suggest trying to initially assign people (in the interim) to
deal with certain things and go and do them.

I believe it took more than long enough to decide on a name, let's not
watch two months go by discussing the detail that gives little or no
value.....There's no point in talking about indentation if you don't
have the source in there to actually indent!

We need to start thinking about, dare I say it, the Roadmap (I hate
that word), and stop looking at the microscopic level - there will be
plenty of time for that later.Right now we have no group accepted
vision of what River will be, and we need that to be communicated out
into the real world as a first step.

The fact is that users don't care about a lot of the things that we
might. They care that it is useful, and can do something for them

Just my thoughts....

Cheers

--Calum