river-dev mailing list archives

From "Calum Shaw-Mackay" <calum.shawmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:13:02 GMT
Hi all

'First time caller, long time listener......' :)

You can try to enforce code styles such as indentation through
pre-commit hooks in subversion, but this is generally frowned upon, as
ther's no way of getting the reformeted code back to the commiter and
forcing the file to refresh (aka commit and update in the same
operation).

As an aside this could be used for checking for the appropriate
preamble at the top of the file.

Does anyone know if there is a way of moderating commited files for
approval, and as part of this approval, handle the formatting
automatically?

I think the best thing may be get everyone to be fairly happy with the
style, and if someone varies wildly from it, and frown at them evilly

Cheers

--Calum