river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Responsibilities of the PPMC
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:46:15 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

>>> Podlings are encouraged to make all committers members of the
>>> Podling's PPMC. Thus, the vote to accept a new committer should also
>>> be a vote to accept a new member of the PPMC. The initial membership
>>> of the PPMC should include the initial committers, the Champion, and
>>> the Mentor.

Can someone with a thorough understanding of the ASF tell whether there
are projects that keep a distinction between committers and PMC members,
if so for what reasons and for what kind of projects might it be better
to maintain this separation.

I have very mixed feelings with regard to this subject and no experience
at all, but I realize that as soon as all the committers are PMC members
and making committer == PMC member turns out to be a mistake it is
likely too late to correct it.

Please enlighten me :-)
--
Mark