river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Drowning in the River
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:47:44 GMT
Gregg Wonderly wrote:

> One thing I do have to ask, is why individual, besides sun, could not
> have made the initial code contribution from the Apache licensed source
> tree so that we wouldn't have to wait for the Sun lawyers and other
> business issues to be resolved?

Gregg, are you asking why we can't seed the ASF SVN with a copy of the
ALv2 license JTSK code?

If that is the case it seems to me that we individuals are not in the
position to grant rights to the ASF they have to be able to exercise,
rights as specified in the ICLA/CCLA.

And before hacking the source I think we should have a few things in
place first, what exactly well that seems up to debate ...
--
Mark