river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <ge...@cox.net>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:06:38 GMT
Dan Creswell wrote:
> I certainly suffer from the problem but in the most part, especially if
> I'm just reviewing, I'll use a code beautifier.

Since I use perforce for my SCM, all of these sources are read only, in my tree.
  The IDE won't let me do anything to the file, without removing the readonly
attribute (by checking it out for edit or otherwise).  This creates issues
because I then have to more thoroughly review what I am submitting to make sure
that I didn't beautify something and then edit it inadvertently.

This is mostly about the level of pain that I deal with, and thus, I'm just
whinning a bit, but also trying to suggest that something "better" probably
could be achieved.

Gregg Wonderly