river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 08:03:40 GMT
Bill Venners wrote:
> Hi Gregg,
>
> You realize of course this means war. I'm all for a style standard, so
> long as it is 4 *spaces* for each level of indentation.

I found the tab is 8 spaces and indentation level is 4 spaces indeed
hard to work with, especially when peeking into the source code when
you have a different number of spaces for your tab.

Although it requires tremendous thinking at some times we should keep
the 80 characters limit, which means people have to work with a fixed
'tab' size anyway.

> Actually, I usually have no problem adapting to whatever the style is of
> the project I'm working on.

Agreed, although the thing I would hate to see is a large numbers of
diffs just as result tab preferences. I have no problem replacing the
tabs in the JTSK code by 8 real spaces and continue with the 4 spaces
indentation, it will keep the formatting the same and will result in
less confusion for there are no tabs anymore. I will have to learn
working with the home key for navigation instead of using the cursor
keys but I think I can adapt to that.
--
Mark