river-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Landis" <sean.lan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:01:35 GMT
I can't resist jumping into the WS wars :-)

First I should say that I use the style the company that signs my
checks tells me to. I am informed that the rulebook is "The Elements
of Java Style." Those sage purveyors of infinite wisdom chose their
very first code-specific topic to be indentation (there were 4
and so that's how my IDE is configured.

Personally, I prefer spaces to tabs as they lead to fewer surprises.
If I owned this company, I'd say 4 spaces, but I don't. Instead I
follow the rulebook. (Well, almost. I can't abide using a newline
after a "}" to start a catch or else block. A programmer has to draw
the line somewhere! :-)

Sean