river-dev mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Giudici <Fabrizio.Giud...@tidalwave.it>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:57:22 GMT

On Feb 1, 2007, at 16:38 , Dan Creswell wrote:

> -1
>
> IMHO, we have a strong testing tradition that has lead to quality
> releases.  The last thing we need is for an apparent simple first
> release to suffer an attendant reduction in quality.

Since we're talking about a user perspective, I take the chance of my
first post here :-)

+1 on Dan's quote.

Let's consider expectations about River. We all said that it's also a
great "marketing opportunity" to attract new attention on Jini. We
all know that one of the problems is that Jini requires a different
mental model, but it pays because it works - I mean, on a blog you
can give a bold answer and say: "ok, maybe it's not easy, but once
you've learnt it you can rely on it."

For this reason, if "users" above means a restricted group, no
problems (please forgive my ignorance but it's the first time I
follow an incubator project). If it means the wolves, I'd be worried
about "thrashable builds"...

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."