river-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Venners <bv-...@artima.com>
Subject First Code Drop Teetering Above the River
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:20:48 GMT
Hi Geir,

I made some progress with ServiceUI. I have the tarball ready, but
I'm not sure what to do with it. I assume this is our JIRA instance:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER

I created an account and there's a link that would allow me to create
a new "issue." Is this submission going to be an "issue"? How is it
that I should submit my tarball?

I had one other question. I'm a bit confused as to why the COPYRIGHT
file should have the old copyright, which was "Copyright 2000-2005
Artima Software, Inc." and the NOTICE file has a new one, "Copyright
2007 The Apache Software Foundation." (Also, since I released v1.1 of
ServiceUI, Artima's name was shortened to Artima, Inc., but the
COPYRIGHT file seems to be intended to let people know what copyright
notice *used* to be on the files. So I put in verbatim what it used
to say.) If you could clarify this for me I'd appreciate it.

Also, should the ServiceUI spec be contributed somehow too? If so, how?

I mailed in the Individual contributor agreement, as well as emailed
you a PDF of it. I'll send in the corporate one once I get a JIRA ID
to put on it.

Thanks.

Bill
----