river-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: new site added to SVN and published
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:37:32 GMT

On Jan 2, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Bob Scheifler wrote:

>>   http://incubator.apache.org/river
>> All, please try to check it out (use https, please)
>
> Using https produces a Gateway Timeout for me, http works OK.

You are mixing up two things, and it's my fault for not being
clearer.  I said :

On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I created a simple website using my standard ant and velocity based
> framework (easy to work with...) and checked that into SVN in /
> site.  I also staged it for the public webserver - should be out
> there at
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/river
>
> in a few hours at most.
>
> All, please try to check it out (use https, please), and if there
> are things you want changed, lets submit patches to JIRA for now.

What I meant was "I published the site at ...." and second thought
was "try to check it out [of SVN] (use https...)".  I wasn't clear
that I meant you should check the site source out of SVN (not 'check
out' the site as published).  I always tell people who will probably
be committers to use https just so that they don't need to do an svn
switch to get their changes to be committed.

Sorry.

geir