river-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: new site added to SVN and published
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:38:48 GMT

On Jan 16, 2007, at 7:01 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> I have fax'ed in what I think is the needed legal agreement
> from Sun.  Not sure what ACK I should expect (if any), or what
> the next step is.

As Phil noted, a CCLA has been recorded from you for "Sun's
contributions to the River project" (That's nice and open-ended :)

> Geir- any guidance here?

Next step is simple - package the code as I noted in a response to
Bill, create and attach it to a JIRA.

Next step after that would be for the project to vote the
contribution into the project.  Formally, that vote would be by the
PPMC as Phil noted, but I'd like to suggest that we don't really
partition the community that way - when we have a vote, we all vote,
and if it does come down to needing to count who the PPMC votes came
from to figure out the result, I'd suggest we have a problem (because
it means that the PPMC is voting one way, and the community another,
and the PPMC should actually be very concerned with such an outcome...)

To do this, the PPMC consists now of the mentors, so I think that not
having accounts yet isn't a hurdle.  To keep things moving forward,
we'll propose a vote on a contribution (let one of us mentors do the
first one to include some common custom).

In parallel, we can get committer accounts created.

geir