river-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: new site added to SVN and published
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:29:25 GMT
Sorry Bill... traveling this week and behind...

You don't *have* to do it in that order, but I've discovered that
having that JIRA key makes it clearer in the records, but it can be
in either order.

So -

1) Add the license header to each file as described here :

    http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

In particular, remove any (c) Artima if that happens to be in the
code, or any of your own license headers or statements of ownership
that may be in each file.

2) Put a copy of the Apache License (http://www.apache.org/licenses/
LICENSE-2.0) into a file called LICENSE in the root of the distribution

3) If there are any pieces of software in the contribution that
weren't created by you (came from elsewhere) and had any notice
requirements in the license (such as a BSD notice requirement) then
put those in a NOTICE file in the root of the distro.

4) If there were any (c) Artima, and you want that to persist
somewhere, put a file COPYRIGHT in the root of the tree and put
something like

     The following copyright notice(s) were affixed to portions of the
     code with which this file is now or was at one time distributed and
     are placed here unaltered.

     (C) Copyright XXXX Artima

5) Be sure that there is no code (c) anyone else - for example, one
popular mistake is to submit schemas or such that may be (c) sun.

6) Bundle the tree into a tarball, create a new JIRA, then attach
tarball to JIRA.

7) in the CCLA, where it has you list the contributions, put  :

    <description> as submitted to the ASF via JIRA as RIVER-XXX

geir