river-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: new site added to SVN and published
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:29:43 GMT
Everyone reading this would be well served submitting a ICLA now. :)
You can find it here :

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/

After that, to contribute code...

1) Is it currently under the apache (or better) license?

2) Who is the copyright holder?

Generally, if you have the right to re-license the codebase to the
ASF, then look at the CCLA (which has a software grant in it).  What
I have had people do in the past is :

1) package and contribute via a JIRA

2) submit an CCLA to the ASF Scty where the contribution is noted by
JIRA ID (makes it much easier to figure out what is what later...)

3) when the paperwork is done, project votes to accept the contribution

The last step is a way to clearly exercise active oversight on the
codebase - it means that people other than the committer that
eventually puts the code in SVN are paying attention to what is
entering SVN.

geir