river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <ge...@cox.net>
Subject Re: thoughts on River project organization...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:43:07 GMT
Jim Hurley wrote:
> If ya'll think this (organization) is a good idea -- I'd
> like to agree on the initial list, where to put it, and
> how best to attack it. Let me know what you think.

One issue that I'd like to bring up, but which may create a lot of disagreement
is the whitespace usage in the JTSK sources.  I'd like, at some point, for all
lines of code to have leading tabs only.  Everyone seems to like different
whitespace/columns for indentation and tabs only seems to provide the most
flexability.  It means that diffs have to be generated with -b, or in some way
which removes whitespace from consideration for any updates people submit
between the old code and their current code.

Am I just retentive about this issue, or does anyone else have some problems
poping the source up in an editor/ide with something besides 8 char tabs?

Gregg Wonderly