river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: [general] ICLAs?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:56:28 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Who of the initial committer list in the proposal has sent or faxed an
> ICLA to the ASF?

Reading the ICLA and http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html I
understand transferring the code such as initially Sun and Artima are
doing and the committers later on doesn't result in joint copyright by
the ASF (others such as the FSF require a "copyright assignment" from
the contributors).

I wondered whether this has any consequence for the ASF to relicense the
code when changes to the ALv2 are required. I searched the ASF legal
mailing list, but couldn't find a similar question and I didn't feel
that it was that important to me to ask it there, but it keeps nagging
though. Maybe somebody knows the answer?

Thanks,
--
Mark