river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Change for PreferredClassLoader its way of determining the existence of PREFERRED.LIST ?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:44:56 GMT
Gregg Wonderly wrote:

> I think that the behavior of fallback URLs is useful.  Given the
> framework that
> exists, I think that the current implementation is applicable.  But, I also

I've a bit of a problem positioning your language Gregg due to the words
fallback and framework, but are you suggesting the new behavior should
be conditionally. Note that as far as I can tell the only
de-optimization is the one Peter will be remembered for the rest of his
life.

> think that making this a more described behavior in a new platform
> RMIClassLoaderSPI implementation with different annotations would also be
> something to investigate.  That SPI would perhaps be incompatible with
> existing
> MarshalledObject annotation formats, so it would be equivalent to using
> a custom
> URL protocol handler from the perspective that you'd have to have
> support for it
> everywhere that your codebase URLs went.

One thing at a time Gregg ;-) but if I interpreted the above correct I
think this change has no impact on whatever protocol handler will be
used in the future as it is really tied to the "jar:" protocol handler.
--
Mark