river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: How to start from here?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:33:56 GMT
Greg Trasuk wrote:

> One qualifier on the suggestion; I'd only want specs rolled in with
> generic API's.  For instance the JavaSpaces spec would be fine in the
> net.jini.space package, but not with the Outrigger implementation.

To me that speaks for itself. Outrigger is an implementation of that
Specification but it might end-up with features that are not considered
'Standard'.

I realize the above sentence is flawed as these kind of features will be
specified of course as part of the Outrigger specific specification. The
first net.jini.space package is what we used to call 'Community
Standard' and the latter would be vendor or in this case ASF River
Outrigger specific extensions. But as we are no longer allowed to talk
about 'Community Standard' I think we have another source for confusion.
--
Mark