river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: How to start from here?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 22:06:45 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Ramsdale wrote:
> There's another alternative. I've added the specifications to the wiki
> at Jini.org: <http://www.jini.org/wiki/Category:Jini_Specifications>.
> The spec pages are locked so they can only be changed by certain
> people (currently me and Jim H). I could set up a group containing
> Apache River committers if the expectation is that the specs will be
> managed by said folk from here forward.
>
> Perhaps it would be meaningless to host the specs at Jini.org given
> that the Apache River committers would also be spec committers. On the
> other hand, the separation would seem to be healthy both in indicating
> to outsiders that Apache River is not the only implementation and in
> helping the committers keep the two distinct in terms of change
> process.

In the furture I hope that we can find the time and energy to move the
specs into the javadoc in a way similar as was done for all the work
since the Davis project.

At least for the stuff that requires maintenance (as John McClain did
with JavaSpaces05) we can do a bit of migration I guess.

Also I am of the opinion that the specs (was are no longer community
standards) should be maintained at the River project. Having the specs
at Jini.org can bring confusion and is extra work if you want to keep
them in sync.
--
Mark